Sophia Centre, University of Wales Trinity Saint David (2019-Present):
MA Ecology and Spirituality
- Ecology and Spirituality (core module).
MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology
- Sacred Geography.
- Researching Contemporary Cosmologies.
- Spirits, Gods and Magic: An Introduction to the Anthropology of the Supernatural (5 weeks, June-July 2021).
- Sacred Gardening: Cultivating Minds in Nature (5 weeks, forthcoming).
Current MA Dissertation supervision titles:
- 'Unearthed: A Multidisciplinary Exploration of the Romano-Celtic Temple on Hayling Island.'
- 'An exploration of the role of the night sky in the lives of people living in the Cwmrheidol Valley in Wales.'
- 'How are professional somatic sex therapies and practices addressing the eco-social-spiritual effects of climate trauma and ecological grief?'
Completed MA Dissertation supervision titles:
- 'Do near-death experiences impact the cosmology of those who experience them, and if so how? A research project from Colombia.'
- 'Does astrology serve a conservative or progressive function in the development of sociocultural perceptions of gender and sexuality?'
- 'What are the varieties of astrological experience amongst astrology clients?'
- 'How have attitudes towards the Síle Na Gig adapted and developed in contemporary culture for those who are reviving her as a spiritual symbol?'
Alef Trust (2021-Present):
MSc in Consciousness, Spirituality and Transpersonal Psychology
- Approaches to Consciousness
Department of Theology & Religious Studies, University of Chester (2019-2020):
BA Theology and Religious Studies
- Spirituality and Popular Culture.
Department of Theology & Religious Studies, University of Chester (2015-16):
BA Theology and Religious Studies
- Methods and Theories in the Study of Narrative, Ritual and Folklore.
- The Anthropology of Religion.
- Introduction to Religious Studies.
Department of Anthropology & Archaeology, University of Bristol (2012-2013):
BA Archaeology and Anthropology
- Introduction to Social Anthropology.
- Sociology (Sociological Perspectives, Education and Social Status, Crime and Deviance, Culture and Identity).
- Psychology (Theoretical Approaches, Methods of Investigation, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology).
- History (Continuity and Change [Russian Revolution & Nazi Germany], Use of Historical Sources [Salem Witch Trials], Historical Factors [Climate Crisis]).
- Criminology (The Origins of Criminology).
- Ecology and Conservation (Plant Structure, Ecosystems, Succession, Conservation).
Access to Health and Social Care, North Shropshire College (2016-2018):
- Psychology (Introduction to Psychology, Social Psychology, Abnormal Psychology).
- Sociology (Sociology of the Family, Sociology of Education, Crime and Deviance).
AQA AS-Level Religious Studies, North Shropshire College (2015-2016):
- RSS02 - Religion and Ethics (Kant's Theory of Ethics, Natural Law and Ethics, Religious Views of the Created World, Environmental Ethics).
- RSS04 - Philosophy, Science & Religion (Miracles, Creation, The Design Argument, Quantum Mechanics and a Religious Worldview).
AQA A-Level Religious Studies, North Shropshire College (2016-2017):
- RST3B - Philosophy of Religion (The Ontological Argument and the Relationship Between Reason and Faith, Religious Language, Body, Soul and Personal Identity, The Problem of Evil.)
- 4AIII - Religious Experience
AQA A-Level Sociology, North Shropshire College (2016-2017):
- Beliefs in Society (Theories of Religion, Religion and Social Change, Secularisation, Religion, Renewal and Choice, Religion in a Global Context, Organisations, Movements and Members, Ideology and Science).
- Crime and Deviance (Functionalist, Strain and Subcultural Theories, Interactionism and Labelling Theory, Class, Power and Crime, Realist Theories of Crime, Gender, Crime and Justice, Ethnicity, Crime and Justice, Crime and the Media, Globalisation, Green Crime, Human Rights and State Crime, Control, Punishment and Victims).
GCSE English Language, Newtown College (2019, 2022).
Academic Consultant, University of Wales Trinity Saint David: MA Ecology and Spirituality (2019).
Assistant Teacher, Dept. Anthropology & Archaeology, University of Bristol: 'Peoples, Culture and Language' (2019).
Subject Moderator, Access to HE Anthropology, Ascentis - (2018-2019).
Private Tutor, A-Level Religious Studies, Eduqas: Christianity, Philosophy of Religion, Ethics - (2018).
Assistant Examiner, AQA - A-Level Religious Studies, 7062/1: Philosophy of Religion & Ethics - (2018).
Examiner, WJEC- AS-Level Religious Studies, Ethics - (2018).
Education Officer, One School One Planet Project, Permaculture in Schools Project (2016-2019).
Assistant Examiner, AQA - A-Level Religious Studies, RST3B: Philosophy of Religion - (2016-2017).
Examination Invigilator, Coleg Cambria (2015-2016).
Associate Teacher, The Marches Academy, Religious Education (2014-2015).
Assessment Specialist, OCR - GCSE Religious Studies, B601/01 Philosophy 1 (Deity, Religious and Spiritual Experience, End of Life) - (2014-2017).
'Keynote Lecture.' Transpersonal Psychology Conference, Leeds, 11th-12th September 2021.
'Deep Weird: High Strangeness, Boggle Thresholds and Damned Data in Academic Research on Extraordinary Experience.' Sophia Centre Alumni Association Lecture, 3rd September 2021.
'Listening to the Land: Other-than-Human Voices in the Anthropocene.' Conference of the Alister Hardy Religious Experience Research Centre, 10th July 2021.
'Plant Sentience, the Paranormal and Traditional Ecological Knowledge.' Toward a New Way of Being with Plants Conference, June 17th-18th 2021.
'Parapsychology and the Ecological Self.' Presentation for ASSAP Webinar Series, 11th February 2021.
'Organicism and Psychical Research: Where Mushrooms and Mediums Meet.' Edinburgh Fortean Society Online, 9th February 2021.
'Parapsychology and the Ecological Self.' Parapsychological Association Online Symposium on 'Ecology, Nature and Parapsychology,' 21st November 2020.
'Nature, Enchantment and the Paranormal.' Presentation for Science of Things Spiritual Symposium, Lily Dale, New York (Online), 31st July 2020.
'Greening the Paranormal: An Introduction to the Ecology of Extraordinary Experience.' Presentation for ASSAP Webinar Series, 16th July 2020.
Book Launch: Small and Slow Solutions: Permaculture in School and Community. Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant Village Hall, 11th October 2019.
'Permaculture, Extraordinary Experience and Ecological Regeneration.' Presentation at International Society for the Study of Religion, Nature and Culture: Religion/Water/Climate: Changing Cultures and Landscapes, University College Cork, 13-16th June 2019.
'Animism, the Paranormal and Ecological Regeneration.' Umoja Spring Garden Party: Exploring 2050, The Blue Bell In, Conwy, 11th May 2019.
'One School One Planet: Climate. Education. Innovation.' Presentation at Teaching Sustainability: Sustainable Teaching Conference, University of Kent, 1st March 2019.
'One School One Planet: Permaculture in Schools.' Presentation and Workshop at National Permaculture Convergence, Z-Arts, Manchester, 21st Septmeber 2018.
'Use and Value Natural Resources.' Sector39 Permaculture Design Course, Chester Cathedral, 21st February 2018.
'Systems Thinking and Feedback in Nature.' Sector39 Permaculture Design Course, Chester Cathedral, 14th February 2018.
'Damned Facts.' Parapsychology Foundation Book Expo 2017. 2nd December 2017.
'Mediumship, Shamanism and Bodily Transformation.' Conference of the British Association for the Study of Religion, University of Chester, 5th September 2017.
‘Anthropology, Parapsychology and the Ontology of Non-Ordinary Realities.’ Alvarado-Zingrone ParaMOOC2017. 20th February 2017.
‘What Discernment Traditions Might Tell Us About the Nature of Consciousness.’ Presentation at Wild or Domesticated: Uncanny in Historical and Contemporary Perspectives on Mind. The House of Science and Letters, Helsinki, 20th-22nd September 2016.
‘Ordinary Theology in the R.E. Classroom: How Finding out What Pupils Believe can Lead to Better R.E. Teaching.’ Presentation as part of the (Non)Religion and Education Workshop, Newman University, 8th September 2016.
‘The Anthropology of the Weird: An Introduction to Anthropology's Relationship with the Paranormal.’ At Chester Theosophical Society, Quaker Meeting House, Frodsham Road. 8th June 2016.
'A Brief History of Paranthropology.' Panel Discussion: The Emerging Field of Paranthropology, With Dr. David Luke, Dr. Serena Roney-Dougal, Prof. Patric Giesler and Prof. Stanley Krippner. 58th Annual Convention of the Parapsychological Association, University of Greenwich, 16th- 19th July 2015.
Chair: ‘Spiritual Practices and Paranthropology.’ 58th Annual Convention of the Parapsychological Association, University of Greenwich, 16th-19th July 2015.
'On the Nature of the Psilocybe Folk: Psychedelic Entity Encounters and the Problem of Spirits.' At Breaking Convention: Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Consciousness, University of Greenwich, 10th-12th July 2015.
‘Psychedelic Entity Encounters and the Problem of Spirits.' At Birmingham Psychedelic Society, June 18th 2015.
'"Spirits are the Problem": Anthropology and Conceptualising Spiritual Beings.' Presentation at Life After Death Symposium: Perspectives from Philosophy, Theology, Anthropology and Literature, University of Leeds. 20th March 2015.
'The Ontology of the Unseen: How Do We Know What is Really Real?' Presentation for Myth, Cosmology and the Sacred MA, Open Lecture Series, Canterbury Christ Church University. 7th March 2015.
‘Numinous Dimensions: Exploring Otto's Concept of the Numinous in Stoker, Machen and Lovecraft.’ Presentation at Weekend Otherworld, The Cinema Museum, London. 25th October 2014.
‘Understanding Ghosts in the Cross-Cultural Context: Ghosts, Spirits, Gods and Animism.’ Presentation at Seriously Spooked, Aston University. 27th September 2014.
‘Paranthropology, Transpersonal Anthropology and the Ontology of the Unseen: How do we know what is really real?’ Presentation at BASR 2014 Conference, as part of the panel ‘Research among spirits, ghosts and deities - How to study non-ordinary realities.’ Open University, Milton Keynes. 3rd-4th September 2014.
‘The Anthropology of Spirit Possession: An Introduction.’ Presentation for Ecology, Cosmos and Consciousness Lecture Series, The October Gallery, London. 29th July 2014.
‘Spirit Mediumship and Folk Models of Mind and Matter.’ Presentation at The Ghost Club, Victory Serviceman’s Club, London. 12th April 2014.
‘Ectoplasm, Somatization and Stigmata: Physical Mediumship as the Development of Extraordinary Mind-Body States.’ Presentation at 6th Exploring the Extraordinary Conference, Gettysburg College, PA, USA. 21st-23rd March 2014.
Co-convener: ‘The Anthropology of the Paranormal.’ At Centre for Theory and Research, Esalen Institute, Big Sur, California, USA. 13th-18th October 2013.
Panel Participation: ‘Interdisciplinary Perspectives on the Seriously Strange.’ At Seriously Strange: Conference of the Association for the Scientiﬁc Study of Anomalous Phenomena. University of Bath, 7th-8th September 2013.
ʻMediumship and Folk Models of Mind and Matter.ʼ Panel Convener: The Extended Self: Relations Between Material and Immaterial Worlds. At 17th World Congress of the International Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences: ʻEvolving Humanity, Emerging Worlds.ʼ University of Manchester, 5th-10th August 2013.
ʻBeyond Castaneda: A Brief History of Psychedelics in Anthropology.ʼ At Breaking Convention: Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Consciousness, University of Greenwich, 12th-14th July 2013.
ʻMediumship and Folk Models of Mind and Matter.ʼ Presentation at 18th Joint Postgraduate Religion & Theology Conference, University of Bristol, 8th-9th March 2013.
ʻExpressions of Spirithood: Performance and the Materialisation of Spirits.ʼ Presentation at 4th Exploring the Extraordinary Conference. Holiday Inn, York. 21st-23rd September 2012.
ʻExpressions of Spirithood: Performance and the Materialisation of Spirits.ʼ Presentation at GHost Hosting 7 - Presence/Manifesting Ghosts. Senate House, University of London. 14th March 2012.
ʻThe Anthropology of Spirit Mediumship: Mediumship, Animism and Altered States of Consciousness.ʼ Presentation at Seriously Strange: The 30th Anniversary Conference of the Association for the Scientiﬁc Study of Anomalous Phenomena, University of Bath. 10th-11th September 2011.
ʻMediumship, Trance and the Afterlife: Altered States of Consciousness in the Study of Mediumship.ʼ Presentation at Afterlife Research Centre Workshop on Ethnographic Approaches to Mediumship, University of Bristol. 4th July 2011.
ʻNuminous Conversations: Psychical and Anthropological Interpretations of Spirit Communicators.ʼ Presentation at Daimonic Imagination: Uncanny Intelligence Conference, University of Kent. 6th-7th May 2011.
ʻThe Anthropology of Spirit Mediumship.ʼ Presentation at Spooksfest, York. 11th-13th March 2011.
ʻTalking With the Spirits: An Experiential Exploration of Contemporary Trance and Physical Mediumship.ʼ Presentation at 2nd Exploring the Extraordinary Conference, Department of Sociology, York University. 24th-25th September 2010.
ʻAnthropology and the Paranormal.ʼ Presentation at the Society for Psychical Research, London. 4th March 2010.
ʻAnthropological and Ethnographic Approaches to the Supernatural.ʼ Presentation at University of Bristol. 29th January and 1st February 2010.